Clarks Condensed puts a delightful spin on a family staple with her Pulled Pork Green Chile Pizza.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 cups green chile sauce (we used the 505 brand)
- 1 pizza crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- Place pork roast into slow cooker, use a couple shakes of salt and pepper and cover with 1 1/2 cups green chile sauce. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- When the pork is cooked enough to pull apart, do this using a fork and mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of green chile. Let cook on low for another 30 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is between 145 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare pizza dough and preheat the oven to the temperature required for the crust you are using.
- Put a layer of BBQ sauce on the pizza crust.
- Cover the pizza crust and sauce with mozzarella, pulled pork, and red pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Store extra pork in the refrigerator.