These baked potatoes can be served as either a side dish or a light entrée. Feel free to experiment with different cheeses, and to garnish with scallions, cilantro, or chopped green chiles instead of chives. If you like, add a sprinkle of chili powder, garlic powder, or onion powder.
- 1/2 pound pulled pork
- 4 russet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (OR Monterey Jack, or mozzarella, shredded)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or more to taste)
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the potatoes with the oil. Arrange them on a baking sheet and pierce each a few times with a knife or fork. Bake until cooked through, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Cut a lengthwise split in each potato and fluff the insides with a fork. Arrange the warmed pork, cheese, and sour cream on top. Sprinkle with chives, if using, and serve.