Pulled Pork BBQ Spaghetti
Barbecue spaghetti is a delicacy that’s most commonly found in the BBQ Capital of America: Memphis, Tennessee, and it’s made just the way it sounds. You start with a tomato-based sauce that’s jazzed up with your favorite barbecue sauce, then add traditional barbecue spices and smoked meat. The co-creator of the recipe, Marrekus Wilkes of Cooks with Soul, uses his own smoked pork butt, but the recipe is adaptable. Many grocery stores carry pre-cooked pulled pork that you can use, and some sell their own smoked pork. Or you can substitute rotisserie chicken. If you have never had the pleasure of experiencing the barbecue in Memphis, then this recipe is one you should definitely keep in your repertoire. Likewise, if you know and love Memphis fare, particularly barbecue spaghetti, then this dish will make you feel right at home. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Marrekus and Krysten Wilkes of Cooks with Soul.
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and bell peppers until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to sauté 1-2 minutes more.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and barbecue sauce, and stir to combine. Mix in chili powder, oregano, dry mustard, and basil. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes and sugar if you like.
- Reduce heat to low and add pulled pork. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Divide pasta among wide bowls. Ladle the spaghetti sauce over it, top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories570Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.