- 1 russet baking potato (large, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons garlic paste (roasted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- Add potatoes to small saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain potatoes, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Return potatoes to pan and cook over low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until dry.
- Add potatoes to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer.Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds or until mashed. Measure 1 packed cup of mashed potatoes; discard remainder from Bowl.
- Add flour,garlic, sugar, rosemary,yeast, salt and 1 cup potatoes to Mixer Bowl. Remove Paddle and attach Dough Hook.Turn to Speed 2 and mix 1 to 2 minutes or until combined.Stop Mixer and add 1 egg and reserved potato cooking liquid. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is soft and slightly sticky. Shape dough into a ball and place in large, lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Grease bottom and sides with butter.
- Turn out dough onto counter, dusting with flour only if too sticky to handle. Pat gently into 8 x 12-inch rectangle of even thickness. Cut into 18 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place in prepared pan, spacing evenly apart in 3 rows by 6 rows. Cover and let rise 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Beat remaining egg with 1 teaspoon water and brush over surface of rolls. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before pulling apart.