If you have been searching for the perfect recipe that uses Pugliese Focaccia, then you have finally found it. The search is over. This recipe for Pugliese Focaccia is sweet, savory and decadent. The Pugliese Focaccia are flavorful and rich paired with a sweet and savory sauce. This dish does not take too long to make, and will take even less time to devour. Serve it over your favorite rice for a hearty meal that everyone will love. Happy cooking!
- 150 grams potatoes
- 15 grams bakers yeast
- 300 grams water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500 grams flour
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and let cool, then peel and mash with a fork.
- In a bowl, add the yeast and lukewarm water and mix.
- Add sugar and mix gently.
- In large bowl, add flour, potatoes, salt, water, and yeast mixture.
- Knead until you have a smooth and compact dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, use a knife to cut a cross on the surface of the dough, and cover the dough with a clean cloth.
- Let it rest at least for 2 hours in a draft-free, warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat the the baking dish with olive oil.
- Roll out the dough to 1 centimeter thick and spread in the baking dish.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and press them into the dough. The focaccia should be well covered with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with plenty of oregano, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil on the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the bottom of the oven, and then for 5 minutes in the upper part to brown the focaccia.