This recipe for Puffed Pastry Tuna Bake is rich, hearty, and decadent. It takes 55 minutes to prepare and is perfect for a family dinner. The aromas that waft from the kitchen will have the whole family waiting at the dinner table. We know if you give this recipe a try, you and your family will love it. So next time you are looking for something different for a Sunday dinner, try this decadent dish.
- 24 ounces tuna (in water or oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup green olives (sliced in 1/4s)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (any color, diced)
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- ground black pepper
- 400 grams pastry dough (puff)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Saute the onion for 2 minutes on medium heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally. Add the olives, tomato, and bell pepper, stirring occasionally until they are cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, drained tuna, and salt, black pepper, and bouillon to taste. Mix well and allow to cook for 5 more minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry to form two rectangles that are each .5 centimeters thick and a small amount longer than the size of a casserole or other baking dish that you will be using. Keep in mind that each rectangle should be big enough to cover the bottom or top of the dish, and should drape halfway onto the sides.
- Place one of the rectangles of dough into the baking dish. Add the tuna mixture, spread it out evenly, and cover with the second rectangle of dough.
- Pinch the extra dough on each side together and roll up the edge, crimping it with a fork. Use the fork to prick the top, making holes for the hot air to escape.
- With a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg onto the dough. Bake for 30 minutes at 200 C until golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories830Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.