This simple pastry comes together quickly for a great appetizer or addition to brunch. The bold flavors of smoked salmon, feta cheese, and spinach are wrapped in flakey and buttery puff pastry for a delicious appetizer or brunch. If you are serving this for brunch, try it with some poached eggs and a light green salad on the side. The leftovers keep well in the fridge, and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 200 grams spinach
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 1 onion (small)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Dice onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and and sauté onion.
- When onion is almost translucent, add spinach and sauté for a few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool.
- When cool, crumble feta cheese and mix into spinach mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and cover a third with smoked salmon.
- Top smoked salmon with spinach and feta mixture and roll up.
- Shape pastry into a circle and place on a baking tray lined with a non-stick silicone baking liner or a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.