A loaf pan makes a wonderful shape for preparing this filled pastry, which can then be neatly sliced to serve. Start by lining the loaf pan with parchment to allow for easy unmolding, and then fit the puff pastry dough in the pan, pricking the bottom with a fork to help it holds its shape and avoid getting soggy during baking. The savory filling includes boiled eggs and broccoli and sauteed canned tuna and grated carrots.
- 1 puff pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 bunch broccoli
- olive oil
- 3 cans tuna (drained)
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 3 slices Flemish cheese (or other semi-hard melting cheese, such as Edam or Gouda)
- 175 milliliters bechamel sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Spread puff pastry in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Pierce the bottom of pastry with a fork.
- Boil eggs together with broccoli florets until eggs are hard-boiled and broccoli is al dente.
- Drain eggs and broccoli.
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté tuna and grated carrot.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots soften.
- Place sliced hard-boiled eggs on the bottom of the pan, over the pastry.
- Cover eggs with tuna mixture.
- Add broccoli.
- Cover with slices of cheese cut in pieces. MISSING STEPS/INGREDIENTS