Puff Pastry TreatsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
This “recipe” makes excellent use of any extra puff pastry you may have left over from making strudel or other sweet treats—and is a perfect solution for a last-minute snack or dessert. Simply brush the pastry sheet with beaten egg yolk, sprinkle generously with sugar, cut into strips, score the tops, and bake until puffed up and golden, rotating the baking sheet as needed to color evenly. Serve warm, preferably with a mug of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream.
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- egg yolks
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- 2Roll out a sheet of puff pastry dough.
- 3Brush the dough with a mixture of lightly beaten egg yolk and a generous amount of sugar.
- 4Cut the dough into many strips approximately 7 to 8 centimeters long and 2 centimeters wide and place the strips on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 5Make criss-cross diagonal incisions on the strips of dough with a knife.
- 6Bake for approximately 15 to 18 minutes or until completely golden.
- 7Remove the treats from the oven and serve.