This recipe teaches you how to make puff pastry dough from scratch, and it's worth mastering since you can use the dough to make a wide variety of puffs and other appetizers, as well as sweet and savory pies and tarts. You can also double the quantity and keep the dough in the freezer. Here, the dough is formed into ravioli with a special maker, but you can cut out the rounds with a biscuit cutter and then seal the puffs by brushing the edges lightly with water.
- 300 grams flour
- 300 grams butter (frozen)
- 150 grams cold water
- brie cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- 3 drops milk
- 1 egg yolks
- Place the blade attachment in the food processor, then add the flour, butter, and a pinch of salt. Turn the processor on to high speed, and while it is processing, add the water. Process until the mixture is of the same consistency as oatmeal.
- Place the mixture on a work surface and bring it together with your hands. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, continue rolling out the dough and folding it over itself over and over until it rolls out easily and is soft and uniform in consistency (do not overwork it).
- Refrigerate the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll it out with a rolling pin, use a round cookie cutter to cut disks out of the sheet of dough.
- Place a disk of dough on a ravioli maker, add the filling, close the ravioli maker to seal the appetizer.
- Place the appetizers on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and brush with an egg yolk beaten with a few drops of milk.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until completely golden.
- Remove the appetizers from the oven and serve warm.