- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 banana peppers (cubanelle)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15 1/2 ounces red kidney beans (or can pink, I like Goya)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (canned)
- 1 medium potatoes (peeled and diced 1/4-inch, 4 1/2 oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sazon seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
|Calories130Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Megan Surrell-Murano 3 days ago
Husband and kids loved it!
Hannah 25 Sep 2018
i love this recipe. I've added bits of all sorts of veggies, sweet potato, white potato...whatever i have in the house and it always turns out great. Just don't go hog wild with the additions, limit to a cup or so.
Anthony P. 31 Jul 2018
This recipe was amazing. First of all fresh sofrito senondly it scalded up well i made about 20 servings. I brought me back to my youth and my grandmothers cooking.
Jordan 12 Apr 2018
Everything was perfect!!!
Valencia 16 Feb 2018
I make beans often, not exactly like this recipe so I prepared just as recipe called and outcome was very good, I will make again.
Lauren 3 Feb 2018
It was really good and I will definitely make it again!
Cecelia 30 Jan 2018
I loved it. Good for cozying up by the fireplace on a chilly night.
Wanda C. 11 Sep 2016
I love this dish and make it often, the only thing is I use annatto seasoning instead of sazon. Sazon is toxic to the brain and has MSG.
Chyna B. 29 Oct 2015
So easy, quick and tasty!! My toddler and husband loved this recipe. I did add a extra garlic and an extra packet of Sazon.