- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons sofrito (*see note below about finding/making sofrito)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces kidney (red or pink beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 packet coriander (Sazón with, and Annatto, Culantro and Achiote)
- 1 packet ham (flavor, I use Goya Jamón, optional)
- 1 teaspoon adobo (I use Goya)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pimento (Manzanilla or Spanish, stuffed olives)
- 1/2 pound potatoes (peeled and diced into large chunks)
- cooked white rice (for serving)
BossSousChef 16 Sep
Needs two cups of water. Did not have to put any salt. Very good flavor for homemade. Quick and easy dont have to order these anymore. I can make it home and save it in the fridge thoughout the week.
Aaron 7 Sep
Great, We will be having that again.
Deloin M. 5 Apr
It turned out pretty well, very flavorful. I will be definitely making this again.