One of our most requested soup recipes. Perfect way to warm up after a day outside or for watching a football game. Serve with cornmeal muffins and a green leafy salad.
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin pork roast (OR shoulder, cubed)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 36 ounces corn kernels (drained)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 medium tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 12 ounces green chile (diced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- In large Dutch oven or deep skillet with lid, brown pork cubes in oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add rest of ingredients to pot; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve hot with fresh corn or flour tortillas.