In this recipe, two favorite desserts -- pudding and pie -- are combined in one, for the ultimate in sweet comfort food. It's the ultimate in ease, too, thanks to frozen puff pastry dough as the crust (instead of pie dough from scratch). The filling is made with pudding mix, another viable shortcut, with port imparting grown-up flavor. In all, it only takes about an hour to serve up a slice of bliss.
- 1 puff pastry
- 0.5 liters milk
- 50 grams pudding mix
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 cup port wine
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the dough in a pie pan and poke the bottom with a fork.
- Mix 1/4 liter milk to dissolve the pudding.
- Add the remaining milk, sugar, and Port wine. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the cream in the pan on top of the dough, and bake for about 40 minutes.