Pudding CakeAs receitas lá de casa
This two tone cake is a glory to behold, especially with its sticky caramel topping (which was originally on bottom). The chocolate cake layer is made with eggs, butter, baking powder, flour, and cocoa powder and this is poured over the layer of caramel in the pan, and then topped with the custard that includes condensed milk, eggs, and regular milk. During baking, the cake batter sort of swallows up the custard for a marvelous transformation.
- caramel sauce (prepared)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 baking powder (shallow teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans milk (use empty condensed milk can as unit of measurement)
- 1Turn on the oven to 180ºC (Celsius). Place a tray (I have 2 round shapes without hole: I used the smallest to make the cake and the most to put the water) with boiling water, since the cake-pudding will bake in a water bath. Barring a round shape without hole with caramel.
- 2Beat the sugar with the 3 whole eggs. Add the melted butter and stir again. Add the flour, the chocolate, the baking powder and the half cup of milk. Beat well. Pour into the mold on the caramel and set aside.
- 3Beat well all the ingredients together and pour over the cake batter.
- 4This is when the batter of the cake "swallows" the pudding and yes it keeps in contact with the caramel ... which certainly has a chemical explanation!
- 5Place in the oven to cook in a water bath about an hour (mine was a little longer... I had the oven in very low heat). Remove from the mold after cooling completely. If you want to make it for a lunch, the best is to make it the day before, because if you remove from the mold while still warm it can break!