The name of this cake recipe comes from the fact that it calls for the packet that the instant pudding mix comes in as the measuring unit for many of the other ingredients, including the flour, sugar, oil, and milk (there are also eggs and baking powder in the batter). That certainly cuts down on having to clean a bunch of different measuring cups. Be sure to grease and flour the pan to make for easy unmolding.
- 1 bag pudding mix (such as caramel, or any desired flavor)
- 3 bags flour
- 2 1/2 bags sugar
- 1 bag oil
- 1 bag milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pudding (bag is unit of measurement)
- Beat eggs with sugar.
- Mix pudding in the milk and set aside.
- Add oil to eggs and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, alternating with milk.
- Pour batter into greased and floured mold.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.