This somewhat sophisticated soup can be stirred together quickly after work, and is easy enough for beginning cooks to tackle. Serve with hot Italian bread and a tossed green salad with green grapes.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 15 ounces white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes (Italian-style, diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence (dried, crushed)
- 4 cups fresh spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- In large saucepan brown and crumble pork over medium heat until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes, drain. Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes and herbes de Provence. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes; stir in spinach, continue simmering 5 minutes. Garnish each serving with a tablespoon of cheese.