- 3/4 pound ham (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 15 1/2 ounces great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; sauté carrot and onion until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham, beans, wine, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat to a simmer; heat through thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley and serve immediately.
- Serves 4.