If you want a perfect palate pleasing way to fix your leftover ham after a big Christmas dinner, then try this recipe for Provencal Chard and ham Dumplings. This delicious dumpling dish combines the hearty and healthy vegetable with your decadent leftover ham for a meal that is out of this world. Why not serve it up after the kids come in from the cold after a long day of playing with their new Christmas presents?
- 4 bunches chard
- 400 grams ham
- 300 grams freshly grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- tomato sauce
- Blanch the chard leaves in a large pot of water. Drain, then squeeze the chard with your hands to get rid of any excess cooking water. Finely chop the leaves. Set aside.
- Chop the ham. Combine the ham with the chard and parmesan in a bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time. Taste and season with salt and pepper. The mixture should be quite loose. If this is not the case you can add an egg (it will depend on the size of your chard leaves) You need to be able to form balls easily that will not break apart.
- Sprinkle a platter generously with flour. Do the same on a plate. With a teaspoon, take a little filling and then make a flattened ball (like a gnocchi) with your fingers. Roll each ball in the flour plate and then put them on the platter. It is important to make them equal so they cook evenly.
- When the dumplings are ready, heat a large pot of salted water. Place the dumplings delicately into the water. When they are cooked they will rise to the surface.
- Remove them from the pot with a skimmer. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately with tomato sauce.