Assemble kabobs before heading out to the tailgate party and you are ready to start grilling as soon as the coals are hot. Serve with your favorite baked beans and grilled corn on the cob. Recipe courtesy of Bob Sloan and adapted from The Tailgating Cookbook
- 2 pork tenderloin (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 1 sweet onion (large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (large, dark gills scraped away, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- At home - Wrap each piece of pork in enough prosciutto to cover it. Alternately thread the prosciutto-wrapped pork with the vegetable pieces onto 8 skewers. Transfer to a sealable container just large enough to hold them and refrigerate until you are ready to pack, up to 4 hours.
- At the tailgate - Prepare coals for a medium fire. When the coals are ready, brush the kabobs with the olive oil and grill for 12 minutes, turning each skewer a quarter turn every 3 minutes, until the pork is no longer pink in the center. Serve immediately.