Prosciutto MeatballsMadeleine Cocina
How do you make a delicious plate of spaghetti even better? Try adding these Prosciutto Meatballs, which will pack a lot of extra flavors and healthy vegetables into your dinner. Some of the ingredients in these tasty treasures include ground beef and prosciutto, combined with soft cheese and aromatic spices and herbs. They are not only healthy, they also are hearty. We hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we do.
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 eggs
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 400 grams ground beef
- 4 ham (prosciutto, slices, cut into strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soft cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons zucchini (diced)
- 2 tablespoons onions (diced)
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons carrots (diced)
- 2 tablespoons celery (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (ripe, with the skin removed)
- ground black pepper
- 4 parsley leaves (minced)
- 1Mix the egg and milk in a large bow. Add the bread and soak the slices. Stir and break up the bread into small pieces.
- 2Place the ground beef in a bowl and add the prosciutto, bread mixture, garlic, cheese, nutmeg, and parsley and mix well.
- 3Use a scoop or roll by hand small pieces the ground beef mixture to form small meatballs about 5 centimeters in diameter.
- 4Preheat a skillet with vegetable oil on medium heat. Cook the meatballs on all sides.
- 5In a pot, add olive oil and cook the zucchini, onion, bell pepper, carrot, and celery for five minutes.
- 6Puree the tomatoes in a food processor and add to the vegetables.
- 7Add salt and black pepper and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. When the sauce is done, add the parsley leaves on top.
- 8Add the cooked meatballs into the pot with the sauce. Cover the pot and let everything cook for another 10 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.