Profiteroles or Cream PuffsReceitas Da Felicidade!
The French really know how to create decadent, sinfully delicious pastries that the whole world admire and devour. Profiteroles or Cream Puffs are at the top of that tasty list. These delightful morsels combine water, margarine, lemon peel, salt, flour and eggs. They may only have six ingredients, but the flavors blend perfectly into a mouth-watering puffy pastry that can be topped with melted chocolate. Making them will be the best 50 minutes of your week.
- 2 1/2 deciliters water
- 75 grams margarine
- 1 lemon peel
- 175 grams flour
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Pour water in a pan with butter, lemon peel, and a pinch of salt.
- 3When the water is boiling, add the flour all at once, and remove from the heat, beating well.
- 4Put mixture back on the heat to dry, stirring constantly, until it forms a ball that separates from the walls of the pan.
- 5Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- 6Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- 7Continue beating until the dough gets a shiny look.
- 8Use a pastry bag to pipe the dough in small mounds on a baking tray, lined with a silicone mat, or parchment paper.
- 9Bake in a hot oven for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to medium, and let the dough dry with the oven door half open.
- 10The dough is cooked when dropping a cookie makes a dry sound.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.