Make your own deliciously soft pretzels at home with this recipe for Pretzels. These pretzels are made with wheat flour for a healthier twist and sweetened with honey for a lightly sweet flavor. A yeasted dough, you will need to make a primer before starting the rest of the dough, see recipe for instructions. Brushed with an egg wash, sprinkled with coarse salt, and baked until golden, these homemade pretzels make a fun and tasty afternoon snack.
- 500 grams wheat flour
- 120 grams water
- 150 grams milk
- 15 grams yeast
- 5 grams honey
- 25 grams sunflower oil
- 5 grams salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 235 Celsius.
- Make a primer by mixing 100 gr. flour, 100 gr. water, and the yeast. Set aside until foamy.
- Add the milk, honey, oil, and salt to the primer and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Shape into a ball, cover, and set aside to rise in an oiled bowl until doubled in volume.
- TUrn the dough out onto a flat surface and divide into 12 sections. Form into small baguette shapes and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a long thin cylinder and loop each into a pretzel shape. Place onto parchment paper, cover, and set aside to rise.
- Place the pretzels onto a baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack.
|Calories180Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.