- 3/4 cup warm water (110 - 115°F)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast (1/2 packet)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 28 grams egg yolk (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Mexican style chocolate (disk, 90 g, such as Ibarra, chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine warm water, sugar and salt in bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer then sprinkle with yeast. Let stand 5 minutes or until mixture begins to foam. Add flour, butter and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Attach bowl and Dough Hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix until well combined. Turn to Speed 4 and knead 4 to 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and pulls away from side of bowl; remove dough from bowl. Clean mixer bowl then coat it well with vegetable oil. Return dough to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F (or 425°F for standard oven). Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Bring 10 cups of water and baking soda to a boil in 8-quart saucepan or roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, transfer dough to slightly oiled work surface.Combine sugar and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle half the mixture onto dough. Gently knead dough to mix in cinnamon-sugar.Divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece to an 8-inch-long rope. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Boil pretzels, in batches, 30 seconds. Remove from water with slotted spoon or mesh strainer, drain well and return to baking sheet.
- Combine egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Brush tops of each pretzel with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until dark golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Bring cream to a simmer in small saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate and cinnamon; cook until chocolate is melted, stirring often. Serve with warm pretzel churros.