Presto Mini Roast Lamb, Crispy Celery Pucks and Squash ChutneyOn dine chez Nanou
Lamb is a decadent meat that is best served at holidays, special occasions, and celebrations. However, if you want to prepare it for a small four-person gathering, then try this Presto Mini Roast Lamb, Crispy Celery Pucks and Squash Chutney recipe. It is a fabulous meal. It takes 85 minutes to prepare, so make sure you have the time set aside. Everyone will love the aromatic flavors of the rosemary paired with the sweet and savory flavors.
- 500 grams squash (long, from Nice, peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 orange zest (organic)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 30 milliliters orange juice
- 125 milliliters cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 165 grams brown sugar
- fresh thyme
- 1 celery root
- 2 eggs
- 40 grams almonds
- 40 grams pinenuts
- 40 grams pistachios
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 60 grams butter
- 600 grams roast (mini lamb)
- 1Finely slice the squash, then cut into small pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the orange zest, rosemary, then the orange juice, vinegar, squash, bay leaves, brown sugar, and a little bit of salt.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 5Let cool, and decant into a glass jar. The chutney may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 6To serve add some fresh thyme leaves.
- 7Peel the celery root, cut in 1 1/2 centimeter slices, then use a cookie cutter to cut out 3 to 4 centimeter circles.
- 8Heat a pot of salted water, and cook the celery rounds for 7 to 8 minutes (it should be soft, but not too much otherwise it'll break).
- 9Drain, and let cool.
- 10Break the eggs in a shallow plate and whisk.
- 11Chop and mix the almonds, pistachios, and pine nuts. Add the breadcrumbs.
- 12Pour this mixture into a second shallow plate.
- 13Heat the butter in a skillet.
- 14Dip the celery rounds in the egg, and then in breadcrumbs.
- 15Saute until nicely browned on both sides.
- 16Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 17Coat the mini roast with a little bit of olive oil and thyme.
- 18Heat a frying pan, and quickly brown the roast, continue cooking for about 5 to 10 minutes in the oven.
- 19Remove from oven, and cover with aluminium foil for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- 20To serve, place slices of roast, crispy celery rounds and little bit of chutney on each plate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.