- 3 1/3 pounds beef brisket (corned, fat trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3/4 pounds baby potatoes (halved)
- 1 pound carrots (sliced thickly on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cabbage (small, cut into 6 wedges)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (warmed)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Place beef in pressure cooker. Add pickling spice, vinegar, sugar and 2 1/2 cups cold water. Cover and lock lid into place. Turn pressure valve to 'Cook' position. Place on high heat. When steam begins to escape at a constant rate, reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 hour 5 mins. Turn off heat. Turn valve to 'Steam release' position. When pressure cooker indicator is down, open lid.
- Transfer beef to a platter. Cover with foil. Place a steamer basket in pressure cooker, making sure it rests above liquid. Add potatoes, carrots and cabbage to basket. Cover and lock lid into place. Turn pressure valve to 'Cook' position. Place on high heat. When steam begins to escape at a constant rate, reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 mins. Turn off heat. Turn valve to 'Steam release' position. When pressure cooker indicator is down, open lid. Toss vegetables with 3 tbsp butter and the parsley.
- Melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir for 1 min. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook and stir for 3 mins or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in mustard. Slice beef. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
|Calories720Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.