- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup yellow onion (sliced, 1 medium onion)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (plus 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves)
- 12 ounces mushrooms (such as shiitake or button, wiped clean, stemmed and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 to 3 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup marsala
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock (or packaged low-sodium chicken broth)
- cooked penne pasta (or other pasta for serving)
|Calories500Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cantrell 29 Dec 2018
The recipe itself is actually designed for an instant pot and not a standard pressure cooker. My instant pot is missing a power cord and my chicken was frozen so I busted out my regular pressure cooker and had at it. I felt the results were successful. I browned the onions, mushrooms and garlic with the seasonings in butter in the pressure cooker, threw in the flour and made a roux... then I tossed in the chicken stock, Marsala and frozen chicken and sealed it up and cooked it for 45 minutes (once the pressure built up). The only thing I should have done was remove the chicken and reduced the sauce a bit more because mine was a bit too thin but overall it was a great dish and my family loved it.
Amy Luke 23 Apr 2017
very good!! i didnt add the flour but i should have. yes we will definitely make again
Merri S. 23 Apr 2017
Great if Yummly would let me read the recipe!!! Instead they keep putting up this crazy survey and I can't read the recipe!!
Mott 16 Feb 2017
It was not cooked down as much as I prefer but next time I will simmer it down a bit thicker. Very good! I will definitely make it again!