If you have a pressure cooker and want to try something different, try this Pressure Cooker Bread. It is perfect for a special occasion. The dough needs to rise, so make sure you plan ahead. This bread is perfect to break among friends at an intimate dinner, or use it for your favorite sandwiches. We hope you and your family enjoy this bread as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 500 grams flour (often a combo of 350 grams white flour and 150 grams rye flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 280 grams water
- 12 grams baker's yeast
- In the bowl of the mixer, mix all the ingredients and knead for 10 minutes to obtain a smooth dough.
- Make it rise for an hour away from drafts.
- Degas the dough by slightly punching it.
- Put the dough in a container and store overnight in the refrigerator. (Max. 24 hours)
- The next day, put the dough on the floured surface and flatten it forming a rectangle. Fold it in two, give it a quarter turn, crush, and fold the dough again. Repeat the operation several times, the dough will become firmer.
- Line the bottom and the sides (half way up) of your pressure cooker with parchment paper. Lay the dough on top of it.
- Put the lid on and let rise for 1 hour at 30 degrees celsius. Then sprinkle the top of the dough with a tablespoon of flour. Put the pressure cooker in a cold oven and heat it up to 240 C.
- Cook the bread for 45 minutes without opening the pressure cooker.
- When the bread is cooked, remove it from the pan and cool it on a rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories┅Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.