Need a light lunch in a pinch? These breadsticks are seasoned with dijon mustard, thyme, and parsley and sprinkled with cheese for a savory bread that partners wonderfully with hardboiled eggs for a complete meal in a hurry.
- 2 large brown eggs
- 1 slice sourdough bread (cut in sticks)
- melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together butter and Dijon mustard, then pour over the bread sticks.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, the two cheeses, parsley, and thyme.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven.
- Set aside.
- Boil the eggs for exactly 6 minutes.
- Quickly rinse with cold water.
- Remove egg shell and place peeled egg in an eggcup.
- Serve with a teaspoon and pieces of bread sticks.
Melanie A. 1 Jul 2015
These are a regular brunch item on our bed and breakfast menu. Some of our guests have asked for an extra side of the breadsticks covered with browned, turkey sausage and white gravy.