Pre-ferment Method Pizza Cooked on a Pizza StoneL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Who can say no to a pizza? This pre-ferment method pizza cooked on a pizza stone is a wonderful twist for either lunch or dinner. I think it’s safe to say that pizza has become a staple in most people’s life and choosing a healthier pizza would only make pizza better. This meal only takes a hour and only includes 8 ingredients! Thank us later and enjoy your new favorite pizza!
- 270 grams flour
- 80 grams semolina flour (durum wheat)
- 500 grams strong flour
- 3 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 1 teaspoon malt (optional)
- 25 grams salt
- 30 grams olive oil
- 500 milliliters water
- 1Prepare the pre-ferment starter on the evening before making the pizza. Combine the 500 grams of strong flour with 500 milliliters of water, 3 grams of brewer’s yeast, and 1 teaspoon of malt, then set it aside to rest overnight.
- 2The next morning, sift together the remaining flour with the durum wheat flour.
- 3Knead the sifted flour with the starter, 2 tablespoons at a time, then incorporate the salt and the olive oil.
- 4Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- 5Divide the dough into pieces, each weighing approximately 200 to 250 grams.
- 6Place the pieces in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- 7Remove the dough from the refrigerator 2 hours before rolling it out.
- 8Place the pizza stone in the oven at the highest temperature.
- 9In the meantime, prepare the pizza with the desired toppings.
- 10When the stone is very hot, after at least 10 minutes, place the pizza on the stone and bake it for approximately 5 minutes.
- 11Remove the pizza from the oven and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.