Prawns With Pineapple Curry.On dine chez Nanou
Nothing like a Prawns With Pineapple Curry to brghten up your day. This Prawns With Pineapple Curry recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. Prepare this Prawns With Pineapple Curry recipe the night before and pack in your kids lunchboxes. You will not be let down by this Prawns With Pineapple Curry recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Prawns With Pineapple Curry recipe a star rating so others can follow along!
- 2 lemongrass (stems cut into pieces)
- 3 shallots (chopped Asian)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pineapple (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 165 milliliters coconut milk
- 3 tomatoes (small, or 250 grams canned tomato paste)
- 500 grams tiger prawn (frozen "black, thawed, heads removed)
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- 1Mix lemongrass, shallots, garlic,turmeric and nuts to make a paste.
- 2Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to get desired consistency.
- 3In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil, add curry paste, and cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add pineapple pieces, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add 250 ml of water, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- 6Bring to a boil and lower the heat.
- 7Cook for 3-5 minutes until pineapple is tender.
- 8Add coconut milk, tomato paste, and shrimp.
- 9Simmer over low heat for 7-10 minutes until prawns are cooked, do not boil to prevent the coconut milk from curdling.
- 10Add cilantro, a little lime juice and check the seasoning.
- 11Serve with a bowl of rice, cilantro and lime.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.