Prawn and Octopus CocktailLA COCINA DE BABEL
Inspired by the Mexican Caribbean coast, this prawn and octopus incorporates all the delicious seafood flavors of the coast. Featuring king prawns and freshly cooked octopus, this seafood cocktail is made with fresh orange and tomato juice, tequila, and just a splash of Tobasco sauce. Allow the cocktail mixture time to cool in the refrigerate before serving. This seafood cocktail is easily made in the morning to be served at night.
- 400 grams prawns (king, peeled)
- 300 grams tentacles (octopus, cooked)
- 1/2 lemon
- 150 mL orange juice
- 150 mL tomato juice
- 100 mL tequila
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Tabasco (optional)
- 1 tsp. garlic (dried)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 10 grams coriander (chopped)
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring to a boil a liter of salted water. Add the prawns, turn off the heat and leave for a few minutes, until slightly crunchy but not over-cooked.
- Cut the tentacles into rings about 1/2 centimeter thick.
- Place the prawns and octopus in a large bowl and add the juices, tequila, and the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and refrigerate for a few hours. (They may be prepared in the morning to be eaten for dinner in the evening.)
- To serve: rub the rim of the serving dish or glass with lemon and dip into a plate of salt, or ground chili.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories500Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes