Potatoes au Gratin are a savory staple to have in your side dish repertoire. Made with sliced potatoes in a herbed cream sauce, the au gratin is covered with a generous layer of manchego cheese and baked until melted and golden on top. Savory, creamy, cheesy, these Potatoes au Gratin pair wonderfully with roasted or grilled meat and steamed vegetables or a side salad. Never make Potatoes au Gratin from the box again now that you have this recipe.
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 potatoes (peeled and cut into slices 1 centimeter wide)
- whipping cream
- 1 handful aged Manchego cheese (slightly, grated)
- ground black pepper
- Rub the garlic clove on the baking dish and grease with butter.
- Layer the bottom of the baking dish with potato slices, sprinkle with salt, and repeat.
- Pour the cream into the baking dish, approximately half the height of the potatoes.
- Cover with plastic. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Continue to microwave at 2-minute intervals until the cream is almost completely absorbed by the potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with cheese and broil until golden brown.