Potatoes and Apples with RosemaryO Meu Tempero
You've probably heard of or even prepared oven-baked "french fries" using potatoes cut into stick shapes. Well, this recipe does that idea one better by tossing a Granny Smith apple, also cut into sticks, with the potatoes, and with grated onion, dried rosemary, and minced garlic for seasonings. The trick is to spread olive oil on the baking dish and heat that up before spreading the potato-apple mixture on top, so the bottoms get just as crispy as the tops, and without turning them.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 apples (medium granny)
- 1 onions (small, grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 eggs (whisked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- white pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut the potatoes and the apple into stick shapes.
- 3Place them in a bowl and add onion, rosemary, garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4In an oven-proof glass container, heat olive oil in the oven for 5 minutes and then spread the mixture on top
- 5Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until crispy.