Potato, Cherry Tomato, and Spinach SaladMadeleine Cocina
This salad needs only a handful of simple ingredients and 30 minutes to pull together, and at less than 300 calories per serving it makes for a healthy and filling meal. Vibrant cherry tomatoes are mixed with spinach, red cabbage, and tender fried fingerling potatoes for the base of this salad. A simple mustard dressing lightly coats all of the vegetables for a delicious salad that is perfect for summertime.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- black pepper (ground)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 cup red cabbage (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and season them with salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Let the tomatoes sit while the rest of the salad is being prepared.
- 2Wash the spinach, and then tear into bite-sized portions.
- 3Place the spinach and the red cabbage in a salad bowl.
- 4Boil the potatoes in salt and water until they are soft. Once they are ready, cut them in half.
- 5Lightly fry the potatoes in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Make sure to season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. When they become a light brown color, remove them and set aside.
- 6Mix the ingredients for the dressing together.
- 7Pour the dressing onto the spinach and red cabbage, mix everything together, and then add the tomatoes and potatoes on top of the mixture. Pour a bit more of the dressing onto the salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.