- 500 grams green beans
- 100 grams potatoes (peeled)
- 2 vegetable oil
- 100 grams bacon
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 300 grams romaine lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 400 grams cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 300 grams artichoke hearts (in oil, drained)
- 300 grams kalamata olives
- 4 hardboiled eggs (peeled and quartered)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves (stripped from stems)
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water for 3 mins, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 mins. Drain, rinse under cold water then mash.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Whisk bacon fat with mustard, olive oil and vinegar. Season. Toss with lettuce, beans, artichokes, olives, eggs and potatoes. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.