Drawing inspiration from the traditional Tunisian brik, a thin pastry enveloping a savory filling and typically deep fried, these potato and truffle rolls make a great appetizer for you next night of entertaining. Featuring fresh sliced truffles, the potato based filling is rich and luxurious in both flavor and texture. Surrounded by layers of flaky phyllo pastry and fried, these potato and truffle rolls are sure to impress your guests.
- 300 grams potatoes (boiled in salted water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 7 sheets phyllo pastry
- 75 grams butter (melted)
- 1 truffle (fresh, finely sliced)
- Mash the boiled potatoes with butter, season with salt and white pepper, and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo on a flat work surface and baste it with melted butter.
- On the side closest to you, spoon on some mashed potato and spread it out leaving a border on all sides.
- Start to roll the phyllo up like a burrito or spring roll making sure the sides get tucked in.
- Before reaching the end, lay down a few truffle slices so they are visible through the pastry. Continue rolling.
- Baste the tops of the rolls. Repeat with the remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Line the rolls up on the baking tray and bake until golden and crispy.
|Calories190Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.