Sometimes the side dish can make or break a dinner. This recipe for Potato and Morbier Cheese Tart is savory, buttery, and hearty. The dish combines decadent cheeses with cream, onion and potatoes, all packed into a rich and buttery puff pastry. Feel free to serve this up as a small meal any day of the week, or serve it up with your favorite meat main entree for a complete and savory supper.
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- cream (20 cl. liquid)
- morbier cheese
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the potatoes and onion and cut in very thin slices in the food processor.
- Spread the puff pastry in a pie pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- In the pan, add a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions, and finish with a layer of potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Cover with slices of Morbier cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.