Potato and Manchego Casserole with Maple BaconINGRIDSTEVENS
Review from reader: I was disappointed as all the ingredients were delicious. Unfortunately, they did not combine well. The end result was potatoes that tasted like maple syrup and bits of limp bacon. The delicious cheese and farm fresh eggs were totally over powered. I would make the recipe again, halving the amount of potatoes, and serving strips of the maple/pepper bacon on the side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, in a medium pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook until potatoes are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let rest until cool enough to handle. Cut each in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat and stir in maple syrup and cayenne. Set aside.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish and set aside. In a large bowl, stir reserved potatoes and maple-bacon mixture, plus cheese and scallions, to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and freshly ground pepper to combine. Slowly pour over potato mixture. Bake until top is golden, about 50 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories490Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.