- 3 tablespoons oil
- 500 grams beef mince
- 200 grams celery (finely chopped)
- 200 grams carrots (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 100 milliliters red wine
- 800 grams plum tomatoes (2 cans, 400g each)
- 15 grams fresh basil (cut into fine strips)
- 800 grams potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 125 grams mozzarella (torn into pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 7 x 10 inch baking dish. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the ground beef, stirring, for 8-10 mins, until browned and crumbly. Season then add the celery, carrots, onion and garlic and sauté for 2 mins. Stir in the tomato paste, then pour in the wine and tomatoes. Season then simmer over medium heat for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Reserve a little basil for garnish and stir in the remainder.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potato slices in the bottom of the dish. Cover with 1/2 the Bolognese sauce. Layer another 1/3 of the potatoes then the remaining Bolognese and finish with the remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 50-60 mins, until golden and bubbling, covering with foil after 40 mins if it is browning too quickly. Sprinkle with the remaining basil to serve.
|Calories700Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stephania 3 Mar 2017
It was delicious! I added salted but omitted celery because I had none. I also used oregano since I didn't have basil. I'll be making this again.