Stew is a perfect dish for a cold winter day. It is a hearty meal that combines decadent ingredients. This recipe for Potato and Corn Stew has four servings, only 160 calories per serving and takes about an hour to prepare. Ingredients include butter, olive oil, garlic cloves, serrano peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, water, mustard, corn, and half & half. The results are pure perfection.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1/2 serrano chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chipped)
- 6 mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 potato (medium, cut into small cubes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Place a large pot over the stove at low heat. Once the pot has warmed up a bit, add the butter and olive oil and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, carrots, chili pepper, onion, and mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, add the potatoes, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover the pot and allow everything to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the corn. Mix and cook everything for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste), and approximately two minutes before serving, add the half and half into the pot and stir.
|Calories160Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.