Potato and Celery Root Gratin with ChorizoLolibox
If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Potato and Celeriac with Chorizo Gratin. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- low-fat milk (50 cl.)
- cream (50 cl. liquid)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 400 grams celery root (washed and peeled)
- 1,100 grams potatoes (washed and peeled)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- ground nutmeg (to taste)
- 110 grams chorizo
- vegetable oil
- gruyere cheese (grated)
- 1In a saucepan, bring the milk, cream, and garlic to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and steep for 15 minutes.
- 3Use a mandolin to cut the potatoes and celery root into thin slices.
- 4Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 5In a large bowl, add sliced vegetables and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 6Remove the skin from the chorizo and cut into small pieces.
- 7Add to seasoned vegetable slices and mix.
- 8Grease the baking dish with oil.
- 9Add 1/2 of the vegetables to the baking dish.
- 10Cover with 1/2 the milk cream mixture.
- 11Repeat with the other 1/2 of the vegetables and the other 1/2 of the liquid.
- 12Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 14After 45 minutes, remove the foil, and continue baking for 35 minutes.