- 400 grams brussels sprouts
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and chopped coarsely)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into sticks)
- 250 grams smoked ham (cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
- 2 worcestershire sauce (splashes)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Cut a cross in the base of each Brussels sprout. Add the bouillon cubes to the boiling water and add the sprouts, onion, potatoes, carrots and ham. Bring back to a boil, cover and cook for 15-18 mins. Crush some of the potatoes with a fork, to thicken the soup. Add the Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.