Savory and creamy, this Potato Souffle with Garlic Scapes will bring the finishing touch to any meal. Made with mashed potatoes, butter, egg, sauteed garlic scapes, and plenty of cheese, this souffle has a light and fluffy texture owing to the stiffly whipped egg whites. Layering the potato skins in the bottom of the pan with the fluffy potato and garlic mixture on top and, of course, more cheese, the souffle is baked until crisp and golden.
- 4 potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams manchego cheese (grated)
- 15 milliliters oil
- 30 grams butter
- 1 garlic scapes (bundle, diced)
- olive oil
- salt (andd ground black peppeer)
- bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Rub the potatoes all over with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place into a baking pan and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Saute the scapes in a little oil until softened. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs and set aside in the refrigerator.
- REmove the potatoes from the oven and let cool enough to handle. Cut into halves and remove the flesh. Fluff with a fork and set aside the skins.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Beat the egg yolks slightly and add to the potato. Stir in the butter, cheese, and scapes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the whites with a pinch of salt to form peaks and fold into the potato.
- Fill the skins with the potoat mixture up to the top. Place the remaining puree into a greased souffle pan sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and the souffle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.