Potato Souffle with Garlic ScapesEl invitado de invierno
Savory and creamy, this Potato Souffle with Garlic Scapes will bring the finishing touch to any meal. Made with mashed potatoes, butter, egg, sauteed garlic scapes, and plenty of cheese, this souffle has a light and fluffy texture owing to the stiffly whipped egg whites. Layering the potato skins in the bottom of the pan with the fluffy potato and garlic mixture on top and, of course, more cheese, the souffle is baked until crisp and golden.
- 4 potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams manchego cheese (grated)
- 15 milliliters oil
- 30 grams butter
- 1 garlic shoots (bundle, diced)
- olive oil
- salt (andd ground black peppeer)
- bread crumbs
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Rub the potatoes all over with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place into a baking pan and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- 3Saute the scapes in a little oil until softened. Set aside.
- 4Separate the eggs and set aside in the refrigerator.
- 5REmove the potatoes from the oven and let cool enough to handle. Cut into halves and remove the flesh. Fluff with a fork and set aside the skins.
- 6Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- 7Beat the egg yolks slightly and add to the potato. Stir in the butter, cheese, and scapes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Beat the whites with a pinch of salt to form peaks and fold into the potato.
- 9Fill the skins with the potoat mixture up to the top. Place the remaining puree into a greased souffle pan sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- 10Sprinkle the potatoes and the souffle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.