Potato Red Pepper HashKitchenAid
- 3 russet potatoes (washed and dried)
- 1/2 red pepper (cored and seeded)
- 1/4 white onion (peeled)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (cored and seeded)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 green onions (snipped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon (crispy and crumbled)
- 1Assemble the dicing kit in the work bowl of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor. Use the medium food pusher to dice the potatoes, red pepper, onion, and jalapeño. Use the clean out grid to push any caught vegetables through to dice.
- 2Heat the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the potatoes to the pan and toss with the salt and pepper. Let cook for 3 minutes before stirring (some potato may stick to the bottom of the pan).
- 3Add in the red pepper, onion, jalapeño, and garlic, and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are well cooked and beginning to brown.
- 4Turn the heat down to low, add in the bacon and green onion, and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with over medium eggs.
- 5Tip: Hash can be made one day ahead, then reheated on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.