- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (Italian)
- 5 ounces scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained)
- 1 teaspoon basil (OR Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (OR Italian seasoning)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated, divided)
- 1 3/4 cups water (boiling)
- In medium skillet, cook ground pork until brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; set aside. In a bowl combine the sauce packet from the scalloped potato mix, ricotta cheese, water, spinach, seasonings and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a 9x9-inch baking pan spread half of the dry potatoes on bottom of pan. (Try to keep all layers to within 1/2-inch of the side of the pan). Top with 1/2 of the meat sauce and 1/2 of the ricotta mixture. Arrange remaining dry potatoes evenly on ricotta layer; then top with remaining ricotta mixture. Spread remaining meat evenly on top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Carefully pour boiling water around edge only. Cover tightly with foil; bake
- in a 400 degree F. oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until most of the liquid is absorbed.