Potato Pancakes with Smoked SalmonKitchenAid
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 russet potatoes (large, peeled, cut into 4-inch sections)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (sliced)
- 1Mixcrème fraiche, chives and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Attach Spiralizer attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one potato piece on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach fine spiralizing blade and position at end of potato. Place medium bowl under blade to catch spiralized potatoes. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of potato. Cut potatoes into 3-inch-long pieces; return to bowl and cover with cold water. Repeat with onion; cut into 3-inch-long pieces and place in separate large bowl.
- 3Drain potatoes well. Place potatoes and onions on clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible by twisting the top and sides tightly.Combine potatoes, onions, egg and flour in large bowl.
- 4Fill large non-stick skillet with enough oil to come ½ inch up the side. Heat oil over medium heat until thermometer registers 350°F. Drop potato mixture into 2 tablespoonful piles, making sure not to crowd the pan. Gently flatten out each pancake with the back of a spoon to about ½-inch thick.
- 5Cook undisturbed 5 to 6 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown. Flip each pancake; continue cooking an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain pancakes on paper towel-lined plate. Continue cooking in batches. Season pancakes with salt.
- 6Divide salmon and crème fraiche mixture evenly among pancakes. Garnish with reserved grated lemon peel.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.