- 5 russet potatoes (scrubbed and peeled)
- 1/4 white onion (large, peeled)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup oil (for frying)
- Place the slicing disc into the prep bowl of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor and set it to the 5 notch from the left. Use the medium food pusher to slice the onion. Remove the slicing disc and prep bowl and place the onion into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the 4 mm shredding disc into the work bowl and use the medium food pusher to shred the potatoes. Place the shredded potatoes into a large bowl and cover them with water. Soak for 15 minutes and dry thoroughly on a large kitchen towel.
- Add the potatoes to the onions and toss. Add in the eggs, flour, salt, and pepper and mix well with clean hands.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan to 375 degrees. For each latke, place 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the pan and flatten it slightly. Fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the potatoes are very brown and crispy. Place cooked latkes onto a large platter or plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil. Serve latkes with sour cream or applesauce.
- Tip: If you do not have a thermometer, test the oil heat by placing a piece of potato mixture into the pan. If the oil around it bubbles it is ready.