Gnocchi are a rich and hearty addition to any weeknight dinner. This recipe for Potato Gnocchi is decadent and delicious. The dish combines the heartiness of the potato gnocchi mixed with rich ingredients like spinach, Parmesan cheese and Philadelphia cream cheese for a meal that is out of this world. Be sure to pick up these tasty ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can prepare this dish for your family this week. We hope you enjoy it.
- 4 large potatoes
- coarse salt
- 200 grams flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 grams olive oil
- 80 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 20 grams pine nuts
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 teaspoons pesto (dried tomato)
- 2 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- Place potatoes in baking dish on a layer of coarse salt, bake at 150 degrees Celsius until a knife easily pierces the potatoes
- Peel, then measure out 400 grams of the potatoes. Press the potatoes through a sieve so they become smooth, place in a bowl.
- Add the flour, yolks, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Form small balls by hand.
- Place the gnocchi on a floured plate and press each one with a fork.
- Fill a large pan with salted water and heat.
- When the water is boiling, add the gnocchi.
- The gnocchi is done when it floats to the surface.
- Cool in ice water to prevent them from sticking together.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the pine nuts and brown.
- Add the spinach and stir.
- Add the pesto and Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Dilute with some water because the Philadelphia cream cheese thickens very quickly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the gnocchi and cook just until they are heated through, serve immediately.