- 1 1/3 pounds russet potatoes (peeled and coarsely grated)
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- 4 pork steaks (about 5 oz each)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 pounds leeks (trimmed and sliced)
- 1 pound apples (halved, cored and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (plus extra sprigs, to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Drain the grated potatoes in a colander for 30 mins set over a bowl to remove any excess liquid. Discard the liquid and mix in the bowl the drained, grated potatoes with the horseradish then season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut each pork steak in half horizontally to make 8 very thin steaks. Press the potato mixture onto the pork steaks to coat both sides.
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a large heavy frying pan and pan fry the coated steaks in batches over medium heat for 4-5 mins on each side or until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm in a low oven.
- Wipe the pan clean with paper towel, then add the rest of the oil. Add the leeks and sauté over medium heat for 5 mins, then stir in the apples and sauté for another 2-3 mins. Stir in the thyme and flour and cook for 1 min. Gradually pour in the stock and cream and simmer, stirring for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened. Serve with the rosti-coated pork steaks garnished with fresh thyme.
|Calories1220Calories from Fat670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.